The Native Engineering team works on the mobile Apartment List experience for renters to find the home they love. We build apps for devices that utilize the search infrastructure, the ranking algorithm, and best-in-class user interfaces to present the most useful apartment information to renters. We partner closely with product, design, and analytics team members to continually improve the user experience and build the best apps for finding your next home.
Here is what you'll do as part of the team:
- Develop the Apartment List Android app, writing code in Kotlin with like-minded mobile engineers.
- Use the right tool for the job. Our app is powered with Reactive-X and our networking is built on Retrofit, and we use MVI and Spek to make testable code.
- Collaborate with the larger engineering team, shaping the backend APIs and services and improving software development at Apartment List.
- Interact closely with your teammates in design and product management. You’ll have a say!
Here are the skills and experience you'll need to be successful:
- Experience with the Android development stack.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Systems, Engineering or related, or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years working in organizations with a solid engineering process, collaborating with designers and product managers to build the best mobile experience possible.
- A strong understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- A track record of shipping apps to the Play Store.
- Incredible attention to detail and a talent for implementing creative and technically sound solutions to product challenges.
- An ability to write solid code utilizing appropriate design patterns, data structures, and algorithms, while also keeping testability and secure coding in mind.
- You stay on top of the latest advances in the industry -- and understand how to determine the right time to adopt them.
And here is what's in it for you:
- Mentorship and training to get you onboard quickly and learn new development skills.
- Room to explore new technologies and adopt them in our product development.
- Participation in the entire development cycle, from making meaningful product decisions to implementing and shipping an app downloaded by thousands of users a day.
- Opportunity to work on both iOS and Android codebases.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed, we encourage you to apply.
Apartment List is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.