Join our team either remotely or in our HQ in Amsterdam. This role can be based in any location within the EMEA region.
MessageBird is transforming the communications landscape as one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world. Our cloud communications platform makes it possible for businesses to instantly connect with over 7 billion phones globally, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Our suite provides access to all major messaging channels, from SMS and Voice to WeChat, Messenger, Facebook, WhatsApp and more. We provide out-of-the-box solutions with our own applications like Inbox and Flow Builder, plus a robust set of APIs that simplify workflows and automation.
With over 20,000 customers — including some of the world’s biggest brands like Facebook, Deliveroo, Uber and WhatsApp — it’s likely that you’ve benefited from MessageBird’s omnichannel technology at some point. For small and mid-sized businesses, we also offer support and solutions through an Online Self-Serve (OSS) dashboard.
Our global team is a powerhouse of 350+ employees, who work across eight international offices. We’re excited that you’re here and interested to #jointhenest.
How we work
We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at MessageBird moves in fast-forward motion. We’re a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes.
We are all driven by one ethos: Get Shit Done. We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives, because that makes our products better. Our Birds are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, too.
The Role: Product Manager
Product Managers play a key role in our product engineering squads, for our customers, management team and the whole company. You’ll be the voice of the product you are managing, and responsible for maximizing the value of our communication products and related services. This will enable our customers to send out millions of SMS messages per day; place voice calls via our REST API; gain real-time insights using our Dashboard; and reach out to consumers via IM platforms like WhatsApp.
Our Product Managers have the freedom and authority to create impactful products to empower both our internal and external customers. We use an agile development methodology, meaning we deploy code multiple times per day while ensuring our applications are rigorously tested and statically analyzed.
What You'll do
- Own the success and adoption of a product or service, as part of the MessageBird platform
- Take on a customer-driven approach, working closely with internal and/or external customers to effectively gather requirements and prioritise items in order to create products or features
- Align the Product Engineering teams on problems to solve, impact to the customer and business value
- Manage sprints and prioritize backlogs of the Product Engineering teams to execute on the roadmap
- Be the voice and main expert of the product you are managing to all stakeholders, our customers, our management team and the whole company; you make sure that the product you manage is successful and work with the organisation to fill the gaps where need be
What You'll Bring
- Minimum 4+ years experience with Product Management, with specific experience in the CPaaS, SaaS, PaaS or similar industry
- Experience working in a fast-paced organisation with similar agile product-engineering environment (but no egos, please!)
- Must have a technical background with previous hands-on software development experience
- Full (professional proficiency) in English, with excellent communication, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
Psst… some added perks
- The ability to Work Anywhere — literally anywhere you want, as long as it’s in the same time zone as your team (yup… you read that right!). This comes with the added benefit of finding the right work-life balance for you by following our 80/20 rule.
- WFH office set-up allowance to make sure you have all you need to “get shit done” in an ergonomically-friendly manner.
- Top-notch work equipment (including Bose headphones!).
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed.
- The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events.
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the MessageBird team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.