The forces that determine who lives where and why are famously complex, but a deep understanding of housing and labor markets is necessary to build a platform that delivers every renter a home they love. The Research team at Apartment List publishes novel studies and builds data products to promote this understanding. We are hiring a Research Analyst to drive cutting-edge analytics, creating and communicating novel insights to our partners.
Here’s what you’ll do as part of the team:
- Produce original data-driven analyses to deliver actionable knowledge
- Find new ways to use research to grow supply
- Create automated reports and data products for property managers and renters
- Build data sets that become trusted standards in the industry
- Track key metrics and internally communicate progress towards team goals
- Pinpoint and prototype new opportunities for the research team to deliver value for Apartment List as you take ownership over your impact
Here are the skills and experience you’ll need to be successful:
- A strong analytical skill set
- A firm grasp of statistics and significant experience working with large data sets
- Crisp and clear writing with an ability to communicate complex topics to diverse audiences, both internally and externally
- A knack for effective data visualization
- Interest in the forces that mold housing markets and excitement for the opportunity to grow a marketplace business
Bonus: Experience building dashboards and data pipelines.
And here’s what’s in it for you:
- An opportunity to quickly elevate your research and data analytics skill set and influence strategy for a rapidly growing marketplace
- An exceptional team and company culture: our hiring bar is high and your colleagues are talented, motivated, self-starters
- A remote role, with the flexibility afforded by a Virtual-First company. Apartment List has gone all-in on building an exceptional remote culture
- The privilege of making the process of finding a home easier for millions of renters
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed, we encourage you to apply.
Apartment List is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.