Join our team either remotely or in our HQ in Amsterdam. This role can be based in any location within the EMEA region.
MessageBird is transforming the communications landscape as one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world. Our cloud communications platform makes it possible for businesses to instantly connect with over 7 billion phones globally, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Our suite provides access to all major messaging channels, from SMS and Voice to WeChat, Messenger, Facebook, WhatsApp and more. We provide out-of-the-box solutions with our own applications like Inbox and Flow Builder, plus a robust set of APIs that simplify workflows and automation.
With over 20,000 customers — including some of the world’s biggest brands like Facebook, Deliveroo, Uber and WhatsApp — it’s likely that you’ve benefited from MessageBird’s omnichannel technology at some point. For small and mid-sized businesses, we also offer support and solutions through an Online Self-Serve (OSS) dashboard.
Our global team is a powerhouse of 350+ employees, who work across eight international offices. We’re excited that you’re here and interested to
How we work
We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at MessageBird moves in fast-forward motion. We’re a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes.
We are all driven by one ethos: Get Shit Done. We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives, because that makes our products better. Our Birds are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, too.
The role: Senior Front-end Engineer (Design Systems)
As a Senior DS Engineer you’re part of the Design Systems team. This team is responsible for improving and maintaining the shared React component library and style guidelines. This library is used by all the product development teams to enable them to develop uniform look-and-feel customer UI’s, in an efficient and effective way.
As a Senior Front-end Engineer at MessageBird you will be working with talented and experienced colleagues to build great products. You will be using the tools you see fit to make our front-end products more robust and engaging and use your experience to propose better solutions and architectural improvements where you see fit.
What you’ll do
- Build re-usable UX (React) components to unify UI look-and-feel
- Work closely with a team of designers to make their designs come to life, and keep designs scalable and re-usable by keeping our shared component library up-to-date.
- Keep our front-end code up to date using the latest best practices and tools.
- Explore new ways of solving cross-platform design problems at scale within the Design system team.
- Make sure our front-end code lives up to performance standards and is optimized to be easily used by your colleague Front-end engineers.
- Drive the adoption of our Design System across the company.
- Stay up to date with the latest tools and libraries to benefit user experience, performance, and developer experience
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years experience in a relevant role
- Experienced working with modern APIs within web applications - most of our APIs are built with Golang and PHP, exposing REST or GraphQL interfaces
- Excellent debugging and investigative skills; you’re capable of finding the cause of an issue quickly
- You’re capable of writing modern HTML and CSS - we use JSX and CSS in JS for most projects
- Firm understanding of how the browser works: and able to share this knowledge
- Experience with both automation and package management tools like npm, Webpack, Jest, and continuous integration and delivery
- Strong knowledge of Git
Psst … some added perks
- Top-notch work equipment (including Bose headphones!)
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed
- WFH office set-up allowance to make sure you have all you need to “get shit done” in an ergonomically-friendly way
- The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the MessageBird team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.
MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the MessageBird team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.